Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
IT Project Manager
Silver Spring, Maryland
The Project Manager (IT) Lead is responsible for delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. This position is considered an expert in their field and interacts with customers, peers and their staff to ensure quality services, commitment to improvement and alignment with project management best practices. This position will manage project team members as well as employees and is responsible for conducting all supervisory activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
- IT Project Manager:
- Act as the onsite PM for Watershed in our daily interactions with our customer and COR
- Provide program deliverables: (Weekly report, progress schedule updates, MSRs)
- Problem escalation and QA
- Provide Project Management Services
- Coordinate with customer to Initiate, Plan, Execute and Closeout various IT projects within the National Marine Fisheries Service OCIO
- Develop Project Charters
- Develop Project Management Plans
- Develop Project Communications Plans
- Develop Executive briefs for the CIO to report on project status and risk
- Provide Application Administration Support
- Provide application administration support for a Law Enforcement Case Management (Trident) application based on the Entellitrak Platform as a Service
- Work with end users to develop requirements traceability matrix for additional functionality in the application
- Develop User Acceptance Testing criteria for new enhancement testing
- Coordinate with external vendors to resolve end user problems within the application
- Provide oversight to the TRIDENT system Governance Committee
- Provide audit services for the customer service support matrix for the Trident application
- Coordinate with NMFS Change Control Board (CCB) to obtain authorization for changes to the Trident application
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with program management
- Experience with managing systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience briefing agency leadership on the status of projects
- Excellent communication, time management and soft skills
- US Citizen – Will need to be clearable at the SECRET level
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Minimum of 5Years IT Project Management experience
- Experienced track record of managing projects within cost and budget
- Experience working with application end-users to define requirements
- Requirements management experience
- Application governance experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include "IT Project Manager" in the subject of your email.
Watershed Security is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Watershed Security is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by all applicable laws.