Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
Shipboard IT Technician (Ship Rider)
This position would serve as a Shipboard IT Technician for Infrastructure Support for the ships of Military Sealift Command (MSC) as part of our Navy Defense in the Hampton Roads area. Provide support all types of IT support for MSC (Ship and Shore support). Includes everything from cable installation to server building, and everything in between. Navy and/or MSC experience preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes)
• Provide Infrastructure support including responding to trouble calls, performing break-fix troubleshooting and analysis of problems and associated repair activities to return equipment, system or network to normal operational status
• Perform or assist with new installations/life cycle upgrades for shipboard ADP /IT networks and equipment
• Provide shipboard training to crew members as necessary for LAN and IT Equipment operation
• Interface and coordinate daily and planned activities with customer representatives, shipboard personnel, other contractors providing specialized LAN or network communications support
• Prepare and provide daily work reports, and respond to queries for ad hoc data and network configuration and inventory reports
• CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
• Active Secret Clearance
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Bachelor’s Degree - 4 years of additional experience may be substituted
• Experience with IT system installation, integration, testing and de-installation
• Due to the nature of work performed in our facility, U.S. citizenship is required
• IAT-1 IAWF (DoD 8570.1M) certification to qualify for Military Sealift Command (MSC) operating systems
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Must be physically capable of climbing and descending steep shipboard stairways without assistance while carrying IT-ADP equipment and tools.
This job operates in a professional office environment and ship activity as needed. This role routinely uses standard equipment to execute duties as a Computer Network Technician.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include “Shipboard IT – Chesapeake, VA” in the subject of your email.