Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
Senior Enterprise Administrator / Senior UNIX Engineer
San Diego, CA
The Senior Enterprise Administrator performs a variety of complex tasks that include planning, documenting, analyzing, implementing, upgrading and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks and information.
This position would serve as a Senior UNIX Engineer responsible for providing engineering and Information Assurance support services across the enterprise. Candidate will also provide support for an enterprise wide computer network managing a variety of Unix/Linux based servers to include but not limited to DNS (BIND), Mail Relay, and SYSLOG.
This work will be associated with Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPRNet) and Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) networks, supporting the perimeter to provide a secure, safe, and dedicated network for all customer legacy applications and services.
Candidate will be responsible for administering IA networking assets across the enterprise at the direction of Government Program managers in accordance with applicable directives, regulations, SOPs, and DISA
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining enterprise wide Unix servers in a predominantly Red Hat environment.
- Write shell/PERL scripts to automate manage and monitor the applications and the environment on the Unix servers
- Maintain and administer server environment and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations.
- Operate network monitoring software/infrastructure such as Nagios, MRTG, and SNMPv3
- Manage Enterprise firewalls (McAfee Enterprise, was Sidewinder) and local hosts firewalls (local Unix packet filters)
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations, as well as decommissioning operations when necessary.
- Candidate will be required to troubleshoot and analyze failures within the network using tools available such as NAGIOS, and an expert knowledge of the OSI model.
- Candidate should be to understand and explain logs generated from various sources such as the syslog servers, individual devices, and firewall logs.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IS policies, procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Proven experience and expertise in setup and configuration Unix/Linux servers and the ability to work independently on multiple tasks with little supervision and oversight.
- Provide implementation of DISA security requirements (STIG) and Unix Security Readiness
- Review (SRR) as well as DISA specific security implementation.
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation with Retina and ACAS.
- Provide support for UNIX security error diagnosis, testing strategies, and resolution
- of problems. Enterprise level server Red Hat, Solaris and Linux environments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Web Services, and server operation and configuration
- Expert knowledge of DNS, Mail Relays, Redhat, Linux
- Understanding of Network Security technologies to include firewalls, IDS/IPS, ACL’s, etc
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing information and network security policies and standards.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Access Control Lists and security hardening (DISA STIG checklists, etc.)
- Familiarity with IPSEC VPNs
- Ability to work on multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines as set
- Security + CE
- Active Secret Clearance
- 3 - 5 years of Unix/Linux experience within an DOD and Red Hat environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must analyze/solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation, and testing of network
- Experience with the Navy's NCDOC preferred
- Experience with other flavors of UNIX is a plus (such as FreeBSD, Solaris, other Linux variants)
- Navy and/or DoD experience
- DoD 8570 Cyber Workforce Requirement level IAT-I within 30 days
- Bachelor degree in a related computer science field preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting heavy objects up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Working in noisy environment for extended periods of time
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment. This environment can be a data center which can have a higher level of noise. This environment is climate controlled at a higher level than most offices.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include JOB #: “2016-12--001.B – San Diego” in the subject of your email.