POLICY AND COMPLIANCE
Watershed Security provides policy support to make it easier for organizations to obtain and process personal information about individuals. To ensure that the privacy rights of individuals are respected, personally identifiable information (or personal data) must be properly protected in accordance with current U.S. Federal and State Laws.
For federal institutions, Watershed Security provides services to maintain continuous compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memoranda and other federal requirements.
Watershed’s services include:
- U.S. Government Privacy Program Management including:
- Development of Privacy Threshold Assessments (PTAs) and Systems of Records Notices (SORNs)
- Implementing both e Government Act and OMB memoranda requirements for conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
- Implementing Privacy Act requirements
- Implementing tracking mechanisms to ensure that all policies and directives have been institutionalized within your organization.
- Provide audit support for internal and external audit functions.
- Implementation of NIST Special Publication 800-53 Rev 4 Appendix J Privacy Controls Catalog
- Implementation of Privacy by Design and System Development Lifecycle processes
- Development of privacy policies, procedures and processes
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) management and reduction plans
- Website privacy support
- Outsourced Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) Responsibilities