Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
System Security Engineer
Works on a team with several Navy Validators to perform validation activities in support of NSWCDD A&A packages. Coordinates closely with the customer. Also, may perform sustainment activities such as assisting with Command Inspections (CCRI) and annual security audits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
• Collecting, organizing, summarizing, and reporting on various IT data sets
• Utilize familiarity and understanding of all subject areas in Cybersecurity & Information Assurance to execute requested actions
• Implement knowledge of Navy RDT&E, Business Systems, and other Infrastructures
• Perform actions in accordance with recent Navy A&A policy and guidance
• Evaluate hardware/software functional requirements
• Develop documentation, prepare final deliverable reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and experience with Interim Authority to Test (IATT), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Platform Information Technology (PIT) Systems
• Experience utilizing the Navy’s instance of eMASS
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Active Secret DOD clearance
• Four (4) years of related practical experience in Cybersecurity, Engineering Test and
Evaluation (T&E), or A&A related field
• One (1) year of Navy specific experience performing validator tasks with C&A and/or A&A Packages
• Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Meet or exceed IAM/IAT Level II requirements in accordance with DoD 8570.01m.
o IA baseline certification within 6 months (i.e. A+, Network +, CCNA Security)
o On the job training/experience in cybersecurity
• Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) designation preferred, but not required
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Job may require sitting at desk for up to 8 hours per day.
The work environment is characteristic of a standard classified work environment. No personal electronic devices are allowed at the facility. Dress code is professional.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include “System Security Engineer” in the subject of your email.