The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for conducting in-depth technical security reviews, risk assessments, and provides recommendations for improvements. The Technician will respond to security requests from various agencies and conducts investigations, and system configuration reviews. Ensures compliance of Information Assurance lAVMs, STIGs, CTOs, TROS, etc. at the University. Receives, reviews, and implements written guidance from a variety of DoD, and other federal agencies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but not limited to)
• Responsible for overseeing the password generation, issuance, and control process
• Assure the organization's security strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated and integrated into the security strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products and services
• Plans, develops, implements, and maintains programs, policies and procedures to ensure USU information systems have the highest possible level of reliability, availability and security
• Develops, maintains, and ensures compliance with DISA Security Technical Guidelines
• Implements Guides (STIGs) and information systems security procedures approved by the DOD
• Maintain systems access management based on approved personnel security investigation/clearances, a need-to-know, and authorizations
• Prepare, maintain, and provide systems-specific security awareness training for management, operators, and users of USU's systems
• Responsible for reviewing guidance, developing procedures, and establishing the Incident Handling and Reporting Program. Reports security incidents to the Director, NOC and the CIO and assists in reporting, investigating, and correctly resolving situations LAW USCYBERCOM reporting timelines
• Review audit records every 2 days, at a minimum, and report any to the IAM
• Manages the Vulnerability Management System (VMS), responsible for coordinating, acknowledging, distributing, approving and reporting compliance on all USU assets within VMS.
• Implements and manages modules within the Host Based Security System (HBSS)
• Ensure implementation of IAVM dissemination, reporting, and compliance procedures.
• Ensure all users meet the required favorable security investigations, clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and security responsibilities before granting access to the IS
• Ensure that all ISs within their area of responsibility are accredited. Develop or coordinate the development and support of C&A requirements, and initiate re-accreditation as required
• Execute configuration management for IS software (including IS warning banners) and hardware is maintained and documented
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
o Experience can be substituted for degree (4 yrs. experience in the skill area is equivalent to BA/BS degree).
• Five (5) year of directly related experience executing cyber security within an DOD environment
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in vulnerability management and support
• Familiarity with IAVM dissemination, reporting, and compliance procedures
• Experience updating and creating SOPs and providing training to all employees as required
• Experience ensuring all users meet the required favorable security investigations, clearances, authorization
• Experience implanting Guides (STIGs) and information systems security procedures approved by the DOD
o CompTIA Security+ CE
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Potential for work in noisy data center / server room environments
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.