Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
JR. Network Engineer
The Jr. Network Engineer will be responsible for ensuring network requirements are integrated into the system development lifecycle. Responsible for network and data center technical design
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
• Responsible for the design and integration of network hardware and software systems.
• Participate in or lead the design and implementation of new networks. Network Engineers are in charge of network address assignments, management and implementation of protocols, maintenance of networks and file servers, network monitoring, testing for weaknesses, handling updates, installing and implementing security programs, and evaluating network management software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Expertise with IP networking and extensive knowledge of WAN technologies such as MPLS, ATM and Frame Relay.
• Expert engineering knowledge of network hardware including: Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Expert experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology.
• Proven experience in the integration and testing of HW (servers, networking devices, clients) and testing of software (Operating Systems, networked applications, Databases, etc.)
• Expert experience with clustering technologies in virtual machine environments.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
• Experience with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for network devices, virtual machine hosts, and virtual machine guest deployment (installation, configuration, et. al.)
• Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7, Microsoft Outlook and the Office Suite
• Microsoft Exchange (2000-2010) and Microsoft Server
• B.S. Degree from an institution accredited by an organization recognized by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accredited Institution or equivalent
• 5 years of experience within a DOD environment working directly with build out and network architectural design
• Security+ CE Certification is required
• Active SECRET clearance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Potential for work in noisy data center / server room environments
• Ability to lift 45 pounds
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include “JR Network Engineer-Arlington” in the subject of your email.