Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
Network / Computer Systems Administrator
(Journeyman IT Analyst)
Supports a senior analyst with both technical and administrative tasks related to the project with direct responsibility for assuring the correctness of a product. The individual performs a variety of tasks and will be responsible for administering local IA assets at the direction of HQ IA Operations staff. Administration of IAVM, ACAS scanning, Gold Disk/SRR and executing STIG Checklists on local IA devices (i.e. Unix security servers, Firewall's IDS, etc). Incident Response and Incident Handling as it applies to local IA assets.
This position requires familiarity with concepts, practices, procedures and standards in upgrading and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. Technical knowledge and manual skills may be required. This position works under general supervision and typically reports to a manager or supervisor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
- Work with Senior managers to provide both direction and guidance towards the enterprise concerning IA security
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publication and maintaining Continuous Education Units (CEU).
- Provide direction and guidance to other personnel in the functional areas concerning IA security
- Scans the network utilizing tools such as Security Center, ACAS, Nessus
- Develop and maintain Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) to assist in Annual Security Reviews as well as Certification and Accreditation
- Respond to and manage Information Assurance incidents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience implementing information and network security policies and standards.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Working knowledge of network protocols, routers, hubs, and switches.
- Must have knowledge of Information Assurance as well as IAVAs, STIGs, SSRs,
- 1 year of experience managing large IT projects and IT service contracts
- Must have relevant hands on experience with Windows, Unix, Linux, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (network and host-based), Demilitarized Zones (DMZs), Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), routers, and switches
- Working technical knowledge of the Vulnerability Management System (VMS)
- Experience troubleshooting, assessing, resolving and providing technical guidance for IT security incidents. Must have knowledge of DoD and DoN IA policy as well as IAVA management policy and procedures
- Security + CE
- Secret Clearance
- Progressive IT experience (7 years) with 3 projects in technical areas included in this PWS
- Navy and/or DoD experience
- Experience with the Navy's NCDOC greatly preferred
- DoD 8570 Cyber Workforce Requirement level IAT-I within 30 days
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting heavy objects up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Working in noisy environment for extended periods of time
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment. This environment can be a data center which can have a higher level of noise. This environment is climate controlled at a higher level than most offices.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company. (SCAN – IAVA – IAVM – Patch – Patches – Patch Management – HBSS – LINUX – UNIX)
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include JOB #: “2016-12--001.C” in the subject of your email.