Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
Network Security Engineer
The Network & Computer Systems Administrator Specialist performs a variety of complex tasks and is considered an expert in their field. At a minimum, the position may install, configure and support the customer’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Internet system or a segment of a network system. The position may, on occasion, lead projects in support of the overall Program objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
• Administers servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, tablets, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Monitors networks to ensure network availability to all system users and performs necessary maintenance to support network availability.
• May supervise other network support personnel when planning and coordinating new network upgrades or security measures.
• Designs, configures and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
• Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations and determines hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
• Prepares technical proposals containing cost estimate, performance metrics and implements schedules for management's review and approval before full implementation.
• Experience in intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis.
• Understanding of windows and UNIX operating systems
• Understanding of security technologies and concepts, experience in design and implementation of secure network solutions
• Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities.
• Understanding of the processes and guidelines for Certifying and Accrediting information systems.
• Practical experience hardening IT systems in compliance with STIG guidelines
• Possesses a comprehensive understanding of DoD Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines.
• Experience and knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, IPSec, WAN, and security), operating systems (Windows/UNIX/Linux), and web technologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Comprehensive knowledge across technologies such as CISCO, Windows and Linux as well Microsoft applications and some programming languages.
• Demonstrated experience providing customer services to include assessing customer needs and meeting quality objectives.
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Must be willing to learn new skills, be a self-starter and team player.
• 10 years’ experience working full-time as a Network and Computer Systems Administrator or similar position
• Active DoD Security Clearance
• Security+ CE Certification is required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment. Business dress code is applicable to this position as the successful candidate will be working with customers daily.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include “Network Engineer” in the subject of your email.