The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for ensuring network requirements are integrated into the system development lifecycle. Responsible for network and data center technical design.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
• Performs standard project tasks to analyze information security requirements, translate these into security designs, implements these designs, and tests effectiveness
• Utilizes working knowledge of standard information security products including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus systems, vulnerability testing, and security analysis tools
• Ability to execute all phases of security requirements analysis, and information security system design as well as available products, and management practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Solid understanding of security network protocols, including common application protocols
• Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
• B.S. Degree from an institution accredited by an organization recognized by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accredited Institution or equivalent
• 5 years of experience within a DOD environment working directly with network security
• Must have HBSS and auditing experience similar to the ONR process
• Understanding and participation in Policy Generation
• Experience as a STIG Validator
• Security + CE Certification is required
• CCNA or CISSP is preferred
• Active SECRET clearance
• Understanding of U.S. Government security policy including Department of Defense and appropriate civil agencies such as NIST, as well as commercial “best practices”. Experience includes holding technical responsibility for projects, and a successful history of task accomplishment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Potential for work in noisy data center / server room environments
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@WatershedSecurity.com. Please include “Network Security Engineer-Arlington” in the subject of your email.