Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
Shipboard IT Technician
(Help Desk / IT Support)
Hampton Roads / Chesapeake, VA
This position would serve as a Shipboard IT Technician for Infrastructure Support for the ships of Military Sealift Command (MSC) as part of our Navy Defense in the Hampton Roads area. Provide support all types of IT support for MSC (Ship and Shore support). Includes everything from cable installation to server building, and everything in between. Navy and/or MSC experience preferred.
- Provide Infrastructure support including responding to trouble calls, performing break-fix troubleshooting and analysis of problems and associated repair activities to return equipment, system or network to normal operational status.
- Perform or assist with new installations and / or life cycle upgrades for shipboard ADP /IT networks and equipment; provide shipboard training to crew members as necessary for LAN and IT Equipment operation.
- Interface and coordinate daily and planned activities with customer representatives, shipboard personnel, other contractors providing specialized LAN or network communications support, prepare and provide daily work reports, and respond to queries for ad hoc data and network configuration and inventory reports.
Bachelor’s Degree - 4 years of additional experience may be substituted
Security + CE Certification
5-7 Years Work Experience
Ability to and wiliness to travel 50 - 70%
Secret Clearance (interim accepted)
Certification / Education Requirements: IAT-1 IAWF (DoD 8570.1M) certification to qualify for Military Sealift Command (MSC) operating systems.
Preferred: Security + CE Certification or equivalent (IAT II qualifications)
- Excellent customer service skills as well as technical communication skills
- Must be physically capable of climbing and descending steep shipboard stairways without assistance while carrying IT-ADP equipment and tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Due to the nature of work performed in our facility, U.S. citizenship is required
- Candidate must have active DoD Secret (or higher) Clearance (Interim accepted)
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability options, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
Watershed Security is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Watershed Security is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by all applicable laws.