Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The System Security Engineer will be responsible for utilizing Security Tools appropriate for the position (such as firewalls, IDS, etc.), experience with DISA STIGs or Federal secure configuration requirements, experience with designing, implementing and/or managing Enterprise Security Frameworks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but not limited to)
• Oversee the development and maintenance of a system’s cybersecurity solutions
• Identify system type (IS, PIT, IT product, IT service) and any special considerations that include:
o Joint, cross domain
o Privacy Impact Information (PII)
o Protected Health Information (PHI)
o RMF Step 1 System categorization
• Identify mission criticality and inform the team of all risk
• Identify the security control baseline set and any applicable overlays and tailoring
• Assist with development, maintenance, and tracking of the Security Plan
• Lead the security control implementation and testing efforts
• Initiate the RAR
• Assist with any security testing required as part of A&A or annual reviews
• Assist in the mitigation and closure of open vulnerabilities under the system’s change control process
• Oversee cybersecurity testing to assess security controls; recording security control • compliance status during the continuous monitoring phase of the lifecycle responsible for developing and maintaining the cybersecurity architecture of a program, organization, system, or enclave, and is accountable to the PM/ISO
• Associate degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
• Four (4) years of directly related experience executing RMF and utilizing security tools
• Experience with vulnerability management and tools
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in RMF
o CompTIA Security+ CE
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Potential for work in noisy data center / server room environments
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.